Woman dies as food poisoning in Michelin-starred restau

  A Michelin-starred restaurant in the Spanish city of Valencia is at the center of a food poisoning outbreak that has killed one woman and affected 28 further diners.

  The 46-year-old victim died after eating a meal at Riff in the Mediterranean coast city. Regional health author

ities have also identified 28 more people that became ill after visiting the restaurant, according to a statement.

  The woman, who has not been identified, died in her home early Sunday morning. Her husband and 12-year-old son also suffered food poisoning but are now

in recovery, said authorities.All of the 29 victims of the outbreak had eaten at Riff between February 13 and 16.

  Food inspectors visited the restaurant on February 18 but did not find any explanat

ion for what could have contributed to the outbreak, reads the statement from the public health department.

  The inspectors took samples of food used in the tasting menu, which have been sent to Spain’s National Toxicology Institute for analysis.

www.qianpadag.com